We are now accepting applications for new artists for the 2014 Traditional Spanish Market through January 27, 2014 for the February 8, 2014 jurying. If you follow the Spanish Market Artists Facebook page, you will receive updates and reminders.
If you’re considering applying for the 2014 Market,
the Spanish Market is a highly-competitive juried show.
Artists wishing to participate in the Market must document their lineage of being at least ¼ Hispanic heritage and having generational roots in New Mexico or Southern Colorado.
- Click on the “General Guidelines” below to understand the standards and requirements to be a Market artist;
- Download a copy of the 2014 Application for Jurying (a separate one for each category you would like to screen into);
- Complete the application(s) and submit with a $30 fee for each category you wish to jury for by January 27, 2014.
- Present 3 art pieces for Jurying to be held on Saturday, February 8, 2014.
- Artists will be notified by mail of the Jurying results.
Prospective artists should refer to the “General Guidelines” for a more complete description of qualifications, categories and jurying procedures. Download the documents below. There are currently 20 categories that a prospective artist can choose to screen into for Spanish Market.
All new artists should contact Maggie Magalnick, Spanish Market Director prior to submitting an application to discuss category placement and requirements for jurying. Category Guidelines can be sent by request.
The Spanish Market artists in the respective categories, in conjunction with The Spanish Colonial Arts Society, have developed these Guidelines which encourage quality and fidelity to the spirit of the Spanish colonial traditional arts of New Mexico and southern Colorado. Artists should use these Guidelines in creating work to be submitted for jurying, and judges will use the Guidelines during the Jurying process, Preview Judging, and at the Markets. Copies of the “Guidelines for Spanish Market,” which outline the accepted standards for each traditional art form, are available from the Spanish Colonial Arts Society, Director of Spanish Market, see contact information below.
For further information contact:
Spanish Colonial Arts Society
P.O. Box 5378
Santa Fe, NM 87502-5378
Phone: 505-982-2226 X111
- READ GENERAL GUIDELINES ONLINE NOW
- GENERAL GUIDELINES (click to download)
- 2013 APPLICATION FOR JURYING (click to download)
- Submit by January 27, 2014
- Jury held February 8, 2014 (click here for directions)
- Spanish Market Artist Facebook page (for updates)
We also encourage all applying artists to follow our Spanish Market Artist Facebook page (appearing at right) to receive convenient updates and reminders throughout the screening process and to create a forum to communicate with other artists who have already gone through this process. Direct any questions regarding your application to the director of Spanish Market, Maggie Magalnick 505-982-2226, Ext. 111 email@example.com.